DIPR’S UPDATE ON COVID-19 FOR MIZORAM DT. 31.03.2020 TIME: 11:30 PM
1. OVER Rs.70 LAKHS DONATION MADE TOWARDS CM RELIEF FUND TO FIGHT COVID-19
As Mizoram continues its fight to prevent a mass outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in the state, people from all walks of life have stepped in to contribute during this unprecedented crisis. There has been an outpouring of generous donations from the public, with families donating money to their local task forces, farmers donating their harvests, people feeding the hungry, tailors stitching masks and PPEs and even children coming forward to donate their savings. The Chief Minister’s Relief Fund has also received valuable donations, with total contributions amounting to Rs. 73,18,425/- as on 31st March, 2020.
Below is a list of those who have made their valuable contribution towards the Fund:
A) Individual Contribution:
1) Pu C. Lalrosanga, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) – Rs. 15,00,000
2) Constable R.K. Hmingthansanga – Rs. 35,500
3) Nl. Zonunmawii, Chapchar Kut Miss – Rs. 10,000
4) Shri. Alok Jain – Rs. 2,00,000
5) Brig. B.S Gill – Rs. 1,00,000
6) Shri. Mamon Majumdar – Rs. 1,00,000
7) MJ Varte (Youtube Channel) – Rs. 20,000
1) Mizoram Synod – Rs. 9,00,000
2) The Salvation Army (India Eastern Territory) - Rs. 1,00,000
3) United Pentecostal Church, NEI – Rs. 2,00,000
4) Diocese of Aizawl, Catholic Church – Rs. 1,00,000
5) Evangelical Free Church of India (EFCI) – Rs. 20,000
6) Kohhran Thianghlim, Mizoram – Rs. 8,00,000
7) The Salvation Church - Rs. 50,000
8) Assembly of God, Chaltlang – Rs. 50,000
1) Mizoram Finance & Account Service Association – Rs. 1,00,000
2) Mizoram Secretariat Service Association – Rs. 1,50,000
3) Mizoram Primary Teachers’ Association – Rs. 1,00,000
4) Vety. Diploma Holders Service Association – Rs. 10,000
5) P&E Revenue Div. Staff Welfare Association – Rs. 10,000
6) Excise & Narcotics Officers’ Association – Rs. 50,000
7) Secretaries and Commissioners – Rs. 1,39,875
8) Mizoram Civil Service Association – Rs. 6,30,650
9) Secretary, Home & DM&R – Rs. 10,000
10) Mizoram Taxation Dept. Staff Welfare – Rs. 1,00,000
11) Mizoram Home Guard & Civil Defence Staff Welfare – Rs. 2,00,000
12) Tourism Department – Rs. 1,70,000
13) Govt. Muma Middle School – Rs. 5400
14) MZU Group 'A' Welfare Committee – Rs. 1,50,000
15) Mizoram Bar Association – Rs. 1,00,000
16) Former Legislators' Association of Mizoram – Rs. 1,00,000
17) Harley Owners Association, Mizoram – Rs. 50,000
18) Drug-Free Mizoram – Rs. 2,000
19) Ex-MNA Association Gen. Hqrs – Rs. 30,000
20) Ex-MNA Taitesena Battalion Welfare – Rs. 10,000
D) Sports Association:
1) Cricket Association of Mizoram – Rs. 5,00,000
2) Serchhip District Table Tennis Association – Rs. 10,000
3) Mizoram Badminton Association – Rs. 1,00,000
E) Private Businesses:
1) Netsurf Internet Services – Rs. 1,00,000
2) K.T Thanga and Sons – Rs. 2,00,000
Apart from these, contribution amounting to Rs. 1,05,000/- have been received from anonymous donor/s.
Those who wish to make contribution towards The Chief Minister's Relief Fund may do so via online transfer to the account mentioned below. Cheque or Cash may also be handed over in person at the CM's Office.
CM Relief Fund Bank Account details:
Account Name: Chief Minister’s Relief Fund
Account Number: 18141450000025
IFSC Code : HDFC0001814
Name of Bank: HDFC Bank
Bank Branch: Aizawl Branch
2. FIVE TASK FORCES CONSTITUTED AMIDST COVID-19 CRISIS
As Mizoram continues its fight to prevent a mass outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in the state, the Government of Mizoram has set up 5 Task Forces to deal with key concern areas during the crisis.
Task Force on Medicine & Medical Equipments
Chairman - Secretary, Health & Family Welfare Pu H. Lalengmawia
Member Secretary - Director, Health Services Dr. Lalchungnunga
Members – Dr. F. Lianhlira, Principal Director, H&FW;
Pu Lalhmingmawia, Addl. Secretary, Finance(EC); Dr. T. Lalhmangaihi, Director, Hospital & Medical Education
Pu John L.T. Sanga, Director, DM&R.
Task Force on Migrant Workers and Stranded Travellers
Chairman - Addl. Secretary. Home Department Pu Laldawngliana
Member Secretary - Deputy Secretary, GAD Pi Margaret Lalrinawmi Fanai
Members – Pu Alexander V. Chawngthu Joint Secretary, FCS&CA Department
Task Force on Transport
Chairman - Commissioner & Secretary Transport Department Pu K.T. Beichho
Member Secretary - Pu Lalrammawia, Director, Transport Department
Members – Pi HM Hualsangi, Secretary, SAD
Task Force on Insurance
Chairman - Addl. Secretary, Finance Pu Ramchuana
Member Secretary - Deputy Secretary, H&FW Department Dr. Lalngura Tlau
Members – Pu C. Lalmuankima Deputy Director (Admn.), DHS; Pi Lalrikhumi Sailo, Deputy Director (Admn.), DHME
Dr. Vanlalrengpuia, SPM, National Health Mission
Task Force on Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services and Fisheries
Chairman - Secretary, Ah & Vety. Department Pu C. Lalpeksanga
Member Secretary - Director, AH &Vety. Department Dr. Hmarkunga
Members – Finance Department, Jt Secy and above,
Pu F. Vanlallawma, Director, Fisheries Department.
3. CHIEF MINISTER SENDS RELIEF TO AIZAWL EAST I ASSEMBLY CONSTITUENCY
With a view to feed the hungry and also equip frontline workers in his constituency ie Aizawl East I A/C, the Chief Minister of Mizoram Pu Zoramthanga today handed over 170 rice bags, hand sanitizers and face masks to Local Level Task Force on COVID-19. The Chief Minister had earlier handed over relief amounting to Rs. 1,20,000/- in the constituency.
4. LUNGLEI DISTRICT TASK FORCE MEETING HELD WITH HPC VICE CHAIRMAN
A meeting of the Lunglei District Task Force on Covid-19 was held today at the DC Conference Hall. In attendance were Lunglei HPC Vice Chairman Pu Lawmawma Tochhawng, Lunglei South MLA Dr K. Pachhunga, members of the Task Force and Magistrates.
As coronavirus continues its spread across India, the Government of Mizoram is taking all necessary steps and precautions, and has devoted all necessary resources to equip hospitals and frontline workers, and also provide for the general public during the nationwide lockdown.
Pu Lawmawma Tochhawng commended the hard work put in by DLTF and VLTFs during the crisis, and urged them to contact his office immediately should they require any assistance in the future. He also appealed to the public to remain calm and practice basic hand washing and use of sanitizers and observe good personal hygiene.
During the meeting, Lunglei CMO Dr Thani Pachuau briefed the house on Covid preparedness of the H&FW Department. Following directives from the State Health and Family Welfare Department, Lunglei Civil Hospital has set up an Isolation Ward for coronavirus patients in the hospital premises. The Isolation Ward is equipped with five beds (3 for males and 2 for females), two attached toilet/bathrooms, a separate room for duty staff and a separate fully equipped kitchen. It also has a separate staircase for entry, which is not accessible for patients of other wings and for the general public. Two Specialist doctors - Dr RSC Vanlalruati, Microbiologist and Dr Lalfakzuala Renthlei, Chest Physician have been assigned to be on duty at the Isolation Ward, in the eventuality of a patient or patients being admitted there. The Civil Hospital has also set up a ‘Rapid Response Team’ for Coronavirus.
The District has also set up a Vegetable Supply Chain to provide fresh vegetables to the residents of Lunglei Town. The Committee has designated 2 days in a week - Tuesday and Saturday to source the vegetables from nearby villages to be sold in various localities of the town. Helmed by the District administration and the Horticulture Department, the operation has been carried out twice, with 2o varieties of vegetables including 134 quintals of cabbage, 26 quintals of tomatoes, 79 quintals of brinjal and 10,600 bundles on mustard leaves being sourced from farmers of Tuipui D, Thawizawl, Tlawng, Zawlpui and Tuisenchhuah villages.
Any queries related to COVID-19 may also be reached on the COVID-19 Helpline no. 102 (Toll free), Lunglei District Helplines - 9774631304, 9436361845, 9862816040, and telephone numbers 0389-2323336 / 2318336 at any time.
- Loading attachment...