Mizoram Health & Family Welfare Minister Dr.R.Lalthangliana ,who is presently on an official visit to New Delhi, had met up with the Union Ayush Minister Shri Shripad Yesso Naik as well as Union Health Ministry officials yesterday to discuss important health development issues for the state.
In his meeting with the Union Ayush Minister, Dr.R.Lalthangliana submitted a Rs. 63.00 crore Proposal for Strengthening of Ayush Development in Mizoram Project which aims to address the following necessary health-related amenities for Mizoram :
1. Filling up of 40 vacant posts of Ayush doctors under National Ayush Mission
2. Construction of Staff quarters
3. Opening of Central Medical Store and District level Medical storage units
4. Installation of Solar power plant at IAH, Thenzawl, etc.
5. Installation of Solar power plants at all CHCs leh PHCs
6. Development of ASU&H DTL
7. Promotion and creation of Herbal Gradens at 57 PHCs
8. Contruction of a state-of-the-art Ayush Hospital in Mizoram
9. Aloevera cultivation & processing plant in Mizoram
State Health Minister Dr.R.Lalthangliana also met Union Health Secretary Smt. Preeti Sudan and other Ministry officials and discussed the following points with them :
1. Approval and sanction of the Rs.480 crore renovation project for RIPANS already submitted to the Ministry on 27th February, 2019
2. Construction of Boys/Girls Hostel in the Zoram Medical College campus
3. A Rs.40 crore project for construction of Mental Health Hospital (Institute of Human Behavioural & Allied Sciences) in Mizoram has been submitted to DoNER, which may be further recommended by the Health Ministry to speed up the process.
Health Minister Dr. R.Lalthangliana also visited the 4 (four) empanelled hospitals under the Mizoram state government, ie. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Fortis Escort Heart Insititute, Indian Spinal Injuries Centre and Max Super Speciality Hospital and met their respective Chairmen, CEOs and Directors to discuss various steps for possible joint activities in the near future :
1) To give extra attention and consideration to patients coming from Mizoram who are not fluent in English or Hindi,
2) To attend well towards the patients coming to their hospitals under the Mizoram State Govt’s health care scheme, which will be effective from 1st October, 2019 as well as the PMJAY scheme,
3) Cardiologist, Neurologist and Oncologists from the empanelled hospitals may conduct 2-3 days’ medical camp in Mizoram,
4) Short term training of 2-3 months in Cardiology, Neurology, palliative treatment for Mizoram doctors,
5) Also, besides these empanelled hospitals in Delhi, the Health Minister also expressed his desire that other empanelled hospitals in Kolkata and Gauhati as well as CMC, Vellore and Tata Cancer Institute, Mumbai-a could start a mutual medical treatment through modern technology (internet) with the medical teams in Mizoram
6) Special Entry Cards be issued for the Resident Commissioners / Addl. Resident Commissioners in the various cities where the Mizoram Houses are, as these officials are bonafide representatives of the state government in all matters.
Health Minister Dr.R.Lalthangliana was accompanied by the Resident Commissioner and Addl. Resident Commissioner, Mizoram House, New Delhi as well as the State Health Department officials.
- Loading attachment...