INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MASS COMMUNICATION
IIMC, an Internationally-known centre for training and research in Mass Communication, an autonomous body funded by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt of India. Invites application for following courses
1. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (English), New Delhi, Dhenkanal (Orissa), Amravati (Maharashtra) and Aizwal (Mizoram)
2. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi), New Delhi
3. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism, New Delhi
4. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Advertising and Public Relations, New Delhi
5. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Oriya) Dhenkanal branch (Orissa)
DURATION : August 2011 to April 2012
ELIGIBILITY : Bachelor's degree in any discipline. Those who have appeared/appearing in final degree examination are also eligible to apply.
DATE OF BIRTH : 1.8.1986 or later (for SCs/STs/PH 1.8.1981 or later and for OBC 1.8.1983 or later).
NO. OF SEATS : 62+62+20+20 in Course No. 1, 62 in Course No. 2, 46 in Course No. 3, 70 in Course No. 4 and 23 in Course No. 5. Five seats available for NRIs/NRIs sponsored candidates, for which a separate prescribed application form should be submitted.
RESERVATION OF SEATS : As per Government of India Orders for SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION AND EXAMINATION : Hindi and/or English and Course No. 5 in Oriya.
HOSTEL: At Delhi Campus: Limited accommodation only for outstation girl candidates .
At Dhenkanal, Amravati, & Aizwal: Facilities available for both boys and girls.
FEE : Courses No.1 & 2 Rs. 42,000 each, Course No. 3 Rs. 92,000, Course No. 4 Rs. 58,000 and Course No. 5 Rs. 24,000.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION : 24 May, 2011 at New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Patna, Lucknow, Bhubaneshwar, Nagpur, Aizwal and Guwahati centres. Oriya Journalism Exam will be held on 25 May 2011 at Bhubaneshwar Centre only.
INTERVIEW : Last week of June/First week of July, 2011
Course No. 1, 2, 3 & 4 - at New Delhi
For Course 5 - at Dhenkanal (Orissa)
1. Application forms can be purchased in person or by post.
Application forms and prospectus can be obtained on payment of Rs. 1200/- for general category and Rs. 1100/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH category through a demand draft only, drawn on any scheduled bank payable to Registrar IIMC at New Delhi, from IIMC New Delhi or Dhenkanal branch (Orissa). Request for application forms should be accompanied with Demand Draft & a self-addressed stamped (Rs. 70) envelope (27x17 cm).
2. For on-line Application process
The application form can be filled after downloading from www.iimc.gov.in. Each application form must be accompanied by a Demand Draft of Rs. 1200/- for General & Rs.1100/- for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped categories drawn in favour of Registrar, IIMC New Delhi. Last date for receipt of application forms & DD is April 25, 2011.
3. Important : The sale of application forms will commence at IIMC New Delhi and Dhenkanal branch from 1 April 2011. Application form/entrance examination for course No. 1, 2 is common. There are separate application forms/ entrance examinations for course No.3, 4 & 5. Candidates who wish to apply for all Courses Viz Journalism (course 1 & 2), Radio & TV Journalism (course No. 3) Advertising and Public Relations (course No. 4) and Oriya Journalism (Course No. 5) will have to fill separate application forms.
Last date for issue of application forms is April 25, 2011. Completed application forms with DD should reach Registrar, IIMC,
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067 on or before April 25, 2011.
For further Information Contact : 011-26741062, 26741073, 26741352 (New Delhi) 06762-226194, 226196 (Dhenkanal branch)
Fax : 011-26742462, 26741268 (New Delhi)/06762-226195, 226197 (Dhenkanal branch)
website : www.iimc.gov.in